St. John’s Episcopal School in Odessa, Texas was organized as a kindergarten in 1955. The school enjoyed slow growth over the next several years, and then began to add one preschool class, then another. Buildings were improved to meet the growth, and the world-renowned Carden Curriculum was adopted in 1965, under the guidance of Miss Mae Carden.
In the early 1980’s, with the determination of the School and the Church leadership, a second campus was opened. Through economic changes, including upturns and downturns additional grades have been added and now includes Pre-School 3’s through eighth grade.
The School continues to grow and to prosper, as God bestows daily blessings on the School and its ministry.